Welcome to the Culver Park Department!
The park grounds overlook beautiful Lake Maxinkuckee!
Lake Maxinkuckee is the second largest natural lake in Indiana.
There are four historic structures on the park property- the beach lodge, train depot, and two open-air pavilions. The Culver Park Department assists with park programming, boat slip rentals, facility rentals, and the Culver Farmers’ Market. You can find information on all of these below!
Culver Park Department
819 E. Lake Shore Dr. Culver, IN 46511
Follow us on social media!
- Boat Slip Rentals
- Facility Rentals
- Culver Farmers’ Market
Now Hiring: 2021 Summer Positions
Become part of our team!
We are hiring for the following positions: maintenance worker, concession stand attendant, lifeguard, and intern. You can apply by emailing an application to email@example.com or dropping it off at Town Hall at 200 E Washington St. Applications can be acquired by using the following link:
- Pier Slip Rental Overview
- 2021 Pier Configuration Map
- Does the park offer short-term pier slip rentals? No, agreements are seasonal.
- Do I need a boat lift? Yes, renters must provide their own lift. The park department does not provide lifts or buy/sell lifts. This includes PWC’s.
- Is there a waiting list? Yes, there is a waiting list for each season. To be added to the list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pier Lease Agreement – for more information: 2021 Pier Lease Agreement
Map of 2021 pier slip configuration: 2021 Pier Configuration
- January 15: Early deadline – payment in full to receive a 5% discount
- February 15: Returning customer deadline – payment deadline for returning customers to maintain slip space
- Dates for when pier renters have access to their rented pier slips: May 10 – October 20 (163 days)
All of our pier spaces for the 2021 season are completely full. If you are interested in being added to our 2022 waitlist for a boat space, please contact Amber Cowell at email@example.com with the following information- contact name, email, and phone number.
For pricing information, please refer to the image below.
We do rentals for our outdoor amphitheater, gazebo, Beach Lodge conference room, East pavilion, and West pavilion. Facility rentals are year-round and can be made as early as a year in advance. All facility rentals must be scheduled with a park department staff member. You can schedule a rental via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 574-216-0682.
For facility rental additional information, rules, and amenities, please use the following document: Facility Rental Agreement & Information
Facility Rental Pricing
Beach Season: Memorial Weekend through Mid-August
Culver Farmers’ Market – the market features a wide variety of vendors including farmers, crafters, artists, bakers, cooks, and gardeners. The summer outdoor market is located at the West Pavilion in the park.
2021 Outdoor (Summer) dates:
- May 8-Oct 23 Saturdays: 9 am-1 pm & June 1-Aug 31 Tuesdays: 5-7 pm
2021 Indoor (Winter) dates:
- Nov 6, 2021 – April 30, 2022: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturdays of the month
Contacts: Tracy Fox (Marketing) & Chad Gard (Vendor Relations)
819. Lakeshore Drive Culver, IN 46511
Office phone: (574) 842-3510
Cell phone: (574) 216-0682
Park Planning Documents:
The warmer weather means the ice on the lake is not thick - please be cautious.
We would like to give our programming sponsor for our ceramic painting classes a shout out! GG's Kiln provided us with all the materials, kiln firing, and assistance we needed to make it happen. They will be opening a business downtown this Spring in Culver on W Washington St., across the street from the VFW. Be sure to support their business and get creative - we sure had a blast! Already looking forward to our next sessions in March.
You can follow them on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GGs-Kiln-110110261120727
Stellar town year round! ⛸🎣🎈ice skaters, ice fishers, and hot air balloons on Lake Maxinkuckee yesterday ❄️😊